- Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
- a calling near, summons (especially for help)
- imploration, supplication, entreaty
- exhortation, admonition, encouragement
- consolation, comfort, solace; that which affords comfort or refreshment; thus of the Messianic salvation . . . so the rabbis call the Messiah the Consolation of Israel (Luke 2:25)
- “persuasive discourse, stirring address—instructive; admonitory, consolatory; powerful hortatory discourse”
The publisher’s aim:
Paraklesis Press is a boutique press publishing a few books each year with a desire to delight children with fun language; smart, humble, comical, relatable characters; charming illustrations; and exciting plots; all while also giving these young minds plenty of food for thought.
The name of the press is aimed at keeping us on an even keel (not leaning too far right!). We hope that the books we publish will encourage and comfort and console. And maybe a few of them will entreat or exhort. They may even deliver stirring addresses or persuasive discourses on occasion.
Founded in 2017.
We shall see how far the Lord takes us.